Thursday 27 September 2018

Introduction Post

Who am I?: An introduction to Dillon Byrne
Filmmaking has always been a passion for me

Hello, My name is Dillon Byrne I am 19 years old. I am currently in my 2nd year of the Creative Digital Media course in the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown. I chose this course due to my passion for film/film-making as well as my passion for video games in particular narrative driven games or to put it simply games that tell really good story's. I have always been a fan of film and video games for as long as I can remember. I also love the behind the scenes aspect of film/game making I love after playing a game or watching a movie getting a look at how the media came together into the final product and all the hard work and dedication put in from individuals in every department some of which might never be recognized by the general audience. 

As a whole I really enjoyed my first year of ITB. I enjoyed some modules more than others but I felt that each module allowed me to learn important tools and skills that I can and hope to apply in later life. The modules I enjoyed the most were Photography, Digital Media, Storytelling & Narrative and Web Development. I enjoyed all of these modules as I feel I will be using some or each of these modules as a basis for my future career which I'm hoping will be in either Film/TV Production or Game Development if all goes well.

From a young age I was always fond of writing stories and reviewing media. Whether it be Film, TV or games. I have fond memories of Primary School Where I would write stories during creative writing inspired from some of my favourite games and movies. I did sometimes get in trouble as my favourite games and movies back then weren't exactly "Child Friendly" however it didn't stop me.

My hobbies include of course watching Film/TV Shows, Playing Video Games, listening to Music discussing media with friends/family, Watching film/game/tv show analysis, Watching documentaries, Swimming, Go-Karting and Walking.

As for my taste in film my personal favourites tend to be the films that I was surrounded with by family members which tend to be from the 70's, 80's and 90's. However there are plenty of films from 2000's and 2010's I love also. As for my taste in music I love a lot of the 80's/90's classics I feel my taste in music was influenced a lot by the type of music you usually hear in films that use music from the time period they are either set or based in. I also really enjoy listening to the OST's or Official Soundtracks from Games/Movies or TV Shows. I love putting on music like this while I am working, Studying, reading or walking.

2 comments:


  1. Hi Dillon!
    Like you I'm a fan of story-driven games, the "Uncharted" game series is one of my personal favourites. I noticed we have a few similar interests, like you I enjoy karting, walking, and watching documentaries. I liked the layout of your blog, it flowed nicely making it an enjoyable read.

    P.S You can't beat classic 80s/90s music :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii Dillon. That was a nice read. Looks like we have few similar interests too, like the games with an actual story or writing. There are some really cool ones out there, as gaming industry is heavily focusing on storytelling, not only pretty graphics and amazing gameplay. I don't know if you have ever heard of Bastion. Its a game from 2011, I think, and the story is quite interesting one. Another nice ones are Limbo or Hollow Knight.
    As someone who writes stories(and someone who also got in trouble for it too many times...), I would love to read some of the ones you wrote.

    ReplyDelete