Friday 28 September 2018

My Thoughts on Class Assignments

Typical Components used in a Multimedia Development Workspace Set-up
Source: Pixnio


Based on what I have read from the post regarding Class Assignments for Multimedia, I am really looking forward to working on this module's projects in the future. The assignments seem straightforward enough in what is expected from each of them. This is something I appreciate as I like knowing what is to be expected of me instead of jumping in blind in regards to new things as I can adapt/prepare for them.

I am really looking forward to the 3DUnity work as I am a big fan of video games and have always being fascinated by the developer tools that studios used to create their games popular engines such as the Unreal Engine, Dumia, Frostbite, Snowdrop, Creation Engine, ID Tech, and of course Unity are some of the AAA game engines I am familiar with from the games that I play. Although I myself have never developed a game in Unity I am fairly knowledgeable of the popularity of the engine especially among indie developers who do not have the funds to license the more popular AAA game engines from big studios such as Epic Games or ID. I hope that I can use skills from my time spent in Unity3D to my advantage and personal enjoyment following this completing of the multimedia Module.

The task that I am perhaps the most worried about in regards to the module is the commenting/project feedback tasks. I can often be quite critical of my own work so having to share my work with others from CDM will be quite daunting for me at least at first, especially if they do not like my work or point out things that I myself would have changed myself if I could. I also hope that I won't be too overly critical of other peoples work as I always try to see the best qualities/aspects of work that I am reviewing. I find constructive criticism difficult to give without coming across as nit-picky or mean.

The Extra Credit opportunities I feel are a great addition. They all appear interesting in their own way and all I feel serve a process as they will help me learn and reflect on new things while also providing an opportunity to earn extra points when necessary. For example if I know I will be very busy or absent during the week I can complete extra credit tasks to make up for any potential lost points which is fantastic. Thank you Shaun from all of CDM Year 2 for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment