Wednesday 26 September 2018

Workshop 01

How do Traffic Lights Work?


During our first Multimedia lecture we were given the task of describing as simply as possible, how do traffic lights work on a four-way intersection. The idea was to answer as if the idea of traffic lights was completely foreign to an individual. When I first approached the question I noticed I was being way too technical and logical with my answer trying to describe the mechanical operations of how traffic lights work. This of course was not what was required as a technical explanation is way too confusing to someone who is theoretically completely unfamiliar with the concept of Traffic Lights.
I then changed my approach to a much more practical explanation describing how traffic lights signal vehicles know when to stop and move at appropriate times and also allow for pedestrians to cross between roads that contain traffic lights. I felt this explanation fit the brief much better and was easier to understand.

The Delivery Process

I felt the way the question was presented was confusing at first as we weren't given a desired approach to take when attempting to answer the question. This led to me conversing with fellow students to see if their approach was similar to mine or completely different. I noticed that we all took radically different explanations to the same question. None of which we knew were right or wrong. This group dynamic I found very interesting as I got an idea of the thought process of not only myself but my colleagues also.

My Reflection


This was my flowchart of how I felt the process would work during the lecture
I really enjoyed getting to reflect on my experience during our first Multimedia lecture. I felt that the process of reflecting allows you to consolidate what you have learned and also analysis areas you feel you need to improve or work upon. Learning after the fact on work you have completed previously is a great way to learn in my opinion. I feel reflection will be an integral process during my Unity Project Development in the future. Below are images of my process during the lecture I wrote in my notepad.




I initially wrote out how I thought I should answer the question in the lecture

No comments:

Post a Comment